Also during the World Economy Forum, the Minister of Economy, Paulo Guedes, anticipated that he plans to reduce company taxation from 34% to 15% in the country. On the other hand, he announced that this reduction should be offset by the increase in other taxes levied, for example, on interest on shareholders’ equity (JCP) and dividends. In addition, the Minister confirmed Brazil’s intention to become a member of the OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) as soon as possible. With the accession of Brazil to the OECD, it is expected that the ties with developed economies will be strengthened, favoring more international investments in the country, as well as an increase in exports. The expectation is that the adhesion generates an increase of the confidence of the investors in Brazil, in addition to making it possible to raise funds abroad with lower interest rates.
- Privatization of airports finally becomes a reality
- Carf removes the levy of pension social security on contract bonus
- New accounting rules on “unclear” tax treatments
- Double taxation agreement executed between Switzerland and Brazil highlights the trade relations between the countries
- Trade unions should review the financing of their activities